Re: Mailing list usage questions

On Tue, Apr 11, 2023 at 10:22:59PM +0200, zithro wrote:
> I have two questions about the Debians ML usage.
>
> 1. when subscribing, the confirmation message says "By default, copies of
> your own submissions will be returned."
> What is the meaning of "default" and "returned" here ?
> I understand that I should get my own replies. But I never get them.
> Should I simply add a rule to move my sent mails from "Sent" to my ML folder
> ?
>
> 2. Is there some kind of interface to manage my subscriptions ?
> From what I read the (new?) system is not using "majordomo" anymore.
> On majordomo you could set a few options on a web page.
> Does it exist here as well ?

In the headers of every mail on debian lists are some "List-*" headers. In
there you can find an address and subject to get help on list commands etc.
(At least, I assume it still works. I haven't used it in a long time and
didn't bother to check before writing this reply.)

Cheers,
Tom

--
The District of Columbia has a law forbidding you to exert pressure on
a balloon and thereby cause a whistling sound on the streets.