Re: ICMP router advertisement (ipv4)

Anssi Saari wrote:
> Jeremy Ardley <jeremy@ardley.org> writes:
>
> > Your only option seems to be to sign up with some external IPv6
> > provider. This service (I've never used it so beware) says it gives
> > you ipv6 etc for free. What their business model is I'm not sure
> > https://tunnelbroker.net/
>
> I doubt that's going to work for him either due to his peculiar setup
> with DS-lite. With a quick look tunnelbroker.net only provides a 6to4
> tunnel and that's going to need a public IPv4 address which he doesn't
> have.

Tunnelbroker.net can use a dynamic update feature so that the
static IPv6 address is only momentarily interrupted when the
underlying v4 address is changed out. This is quite reliable if
you hook it to the the DHCP client's post-up function.

I use this in preference to my ISPs native v6 support because
tunnelbroker (Hurricane Electric) supplies static v6
assignments, and my ISP does not.

-dsr-