Re: USB-slot for to play MP3

On Sun, Apr 09, 2023 at 11:47:21AM +0000, fuf wrote:

[...]

> Maybe whoever suggests what better to format USB-stick for playing
> MP3-files by 'fdisk'?
> I would want to try this way and ask you how to format USB-stick, e.g.
> which file system better, etc.
> I used 'fdisk' for formatting  USB  two years ago and thereat was
> consulting on that site.

Fdisk is for partitioning the disk. Then you have to put a file
system on the partition(s) -- that's what mkfs is for.

Your best chances are if you have a MSDOS partition table with
one primary partition, and put a VFAT file system on that.

Here [1] a thread with the same question and some answers. Don't
hesitate to come back if anything is unclear.

Cheers

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2010/09/msg00216.html