Re: Which Diff tool could I use for visually comparing two text files where Word Wrap is possible?

On Thu, 6 Apr 2023 Susmita/Rajib wrote:
[trimmed: email headers included in message body]
[   ...   ]
Dear Mr. Davidson, I think that we better drop this thread for the
time being.

We are each of us the masters of our respective time and attention,
and thank ${DEITY[@]} for that.

I look forward to your return.

I have written to Sascha Steinbiss, the Maintainer, icdiff in debian
repo, with the links to the specific emails of this thread.

As I have already said, I believe that will prove to be an
unproductive line of attack on the text processing problem which
confronts you.

I am sure, the brilliant programmer that he is, he would heed to our
indications and would come up with something apt in the near future.

I suspect that you underestimate your own potential learn how to use
the tools at your disposal. At least as regards the elementary (and
potentially instructive) text processing problem you have presented
here.

I am more concerned about your wasting so much of your precious
energy into the matter

This form of politeness is lost on me, where one pretends that
expedience for oneself is expedience for another.

I do what I please. Rely on it.

that has to be solved from within the program itself,

It does not. Transforming the input is a trivial operation.

programmatically by tweaking the source code, rather than using
scripts.

I refer you back to previous expository comments about tools, and the
productivity of compositionality.

[trimmed: more gracious externalisation of responsibility]
I apologise that I could not explain more on the text as they form a
part of my book and also my research papers

What indicates a "paragraph break" in a given style depends on the
form, not the content, of the material to be processed.

It is the style of paragraph that you must reveal here if iterative
guesswork has become tiresome, not the content of your researches.

which requires the services of an editor.

You wish to display, in a form enabling your review, the differences
between your own copy of a text and an editor's revision.

This requires the services of your computer. Which is why you have
sought help here, appropriately enough.

Since I am an independent researcher, I post my articles in
vixra.org.

Good luck with your researches.

--
Hackers are free people. They are like artists. If they are in a good
mood, they get up in the morning and begin painting their pictures.