Re: Bullseye and hplip install

Am Wed, Apr 05, 2023 at 07:07:28AM -0600 schrieb Tjm:

Hi Tony,

I have deleted things below because my answer is related to the block
below.

> Christoph, thanks for the reply.  Autoremove was run successfully.  The bullseye version was installed with no errors but wouldn't run.  I tried several other versions from the repository, both  debian and generic versions each built with different configs.  No luck.  The very latest hplip version added to the repo this week doesn't give the 'wrong debian version' notice during the configuration and compiles and installs with no errors but still won't run.  I'll try again using the static lib configs.  I was thinking maybe a QT3/4/5 issue but the hp utilities won't run in non gui mode either.  If I uninstall the bullseye version and just reinstall it I'll get different errors for missing files that don't exist in the bullseye repos.  I suspect there's something that prevents those missing files from being configured and compiled by the installer.  Lastly, I installed the bullseye hplip version to a clean bullseye installation and it still didn't work for me.  ????

I have run hp-check just for curiosity. It reports a lot of missing
stuff. For me it is ok because I do not really need hplip.
Does hp-check runs on your system?
May be it gives some useful debug information.
If not I am running out of ideas.

Kind regards,
Christoph
--