Re: Is perl still the No.1 language for sysadmin?

On Sun, Apr 2, 2023 at 4:59 AM <coreyh@free.fr> wrote:

> I saw many commands in /bin and /usr/bin are written by perl.
> is perl still the first choice for sysadmin on linux?

I am surprised this thread has not started a mini-flame war.

About the best you can say is, Perl is one of the more popular
scripting languages. Trying to pin down the "best" will fail because
it is opinion based.

Next, you might ask which is the best editor to use on Unix & Linux.
That should really stir the pot :) Emacs for the win!

Jeff