Re: debian for DNS servers

On 11/3/23 17:56, coreyh@free.fr wrote:
Now I have three debian nodes in different DCs.
Can I deploy a distributed DNS service for fault tolerance?

Assuming you don't mean a Windows DC, you can use bind (bind9) in an architecture that has a master for a DNS zone and multiple slaves.

Changes to the zone you are interested in can be made on the master and automatically propagated to the slaves.

In each DC you can configure DHCP or static configuration to make clients use DNS from their local DC as well as DNS from the other DCs as fallback.

--
Jeremy
(Lists)