Re: Unable to associate to mobile hotspot

On Tue, Mar 7, 2023 at 9:44 AM David Wright <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk> wrote:
On Tue 07 Mar 2023 at 11:56:09 (+0100), Lucio Crusca wrote:

> I've read through the forum posts you linked, and the ones linked
> therein. I'm afraid it's quite a different problem. My wifi connection
> has no stability issues: it just refuses to associate to this specific
> hotspot, but it works like a charm with others. My logs do not show
> the CTRL-EVENT-BEACON-LOSS message. My network adapter is not Atheros.
>
> At any rate, I've tried adding "intel_iommu=off" to my kernel
> parameters and rebooted, but nothing changed.

In view of:

wlp4s0: disassociated from e2:…:a9 (Reason: 2=PREV_AUTH_NOT_VALID)
wlp4s0: CTRL-EVENT-DISCONNECTED bssid=e2:…:a9 reason=2
wlp4s0: WPA: 4-Way Handshake failed - pre-shared key may be incorrect
wlp4s0: CTRL-EVENT-SSID-TEMP-DISABLED id=0 ssid="papospot" auth_failures=1
        duration=10 reason=WRONG_KEY

According to these messages your WPA Pre-Shared Key is wrong. You can try to disable WPA and connect to it as an open network temporarily just to test the hardware and drivers.

have you tried to get more information with this option in
wpa_supplicant:

       -K     Include keys (passwords, etc.) in debug output.

You'd probably need to redact the logs, were you to post them.

Cheers,
David.

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀