Re: besides ping/nslookup, any other tools to resolve a hostname?

I have bitnami/mysql container (debian OS) running on kubernetes.
This container seems too restricted for system software, these following commands are removed:

sudo (so I can't su to root for apt)
ping
dig
nslookup
net-tools
It is a good practice to build small images for pods without commands for the network. To solve this problem, you can do that:
Create a pod in the same network with net tools.
Or
1 .rebuild a new docker image with another version, with net-tools.
2. then change the current pod with edit in deployment.

I have bitnami/mysql container (debian OS) running on kubernetes.
This container seems too restricted for system software, these following commands are removed:

sudo (so I can't su to root for apt)
ping
dig
nslookup
net-tools

Do you know any other way to resolve a hostname by manual  on this container?

Thanks
Ken

--
Atenciosamente,