Re: unbound and fetchmail (was: Re: Remove route '169.254.0.0/16 dev ovs-system')

Am Thu, Mar 02, 2023 at 09:26:33PM +0700 schrieb Max Nikulin:
> On 28/02/2023 17:25, Christoph Brinkhaus wrote:
> > I will just inform about the status. Everything is fine now. A word
> > about systemd-networkd-wait-online: With this service running there
> > has been even a delay of 1-2 seconds when switching from one console
> > to a different one (the consoles when X is not running). I have no
> > idea about that side effect.
>
> Does it happen each time or it is getty startup time? In the latter case you
> may try (for various console numbers)
>
>     systemd-analyze critical-chain getty@tty1.service

It is happening each time when changing the console.

> > Now I have disabled systemd-networkd-wait-online and I have add a
> > comment in the last line of /usr/lib/systemd/system//systemd-networkd.service
> > which is now
> > # 28.2.2023 Also=systemd-networkd-wait-online.service
>
> Ideally the root cause of strange behavior should be debugged. Perhaps some
> dependency should be removed from e.g. multi-user.target or
> network-online.target. Probably "systemd-analyze critical-chain" may give
> some hints.

Ok, it is no problem to include the service again. It is just strange
that it is not referenced anywhere. But I will try systemd-analyze.
I have not been aware about such a tool before. But it should be worth
to learn how to use it. Thank you for the information!

> Any case I would not touch files in /usr/lib/systemd. It should confuse
> tools like systemd-delta. It is possible to override specific properties by
> creating of drop-in snippets in
> /etc/systemd/system/systemd-networkd.service.d/. See systemd.unit(5), e.g.
> run
>
>    systemctl edit systemd-networkd.service
>
> [Install]
> # Clear
> Also=
> # Add other values from the original file
> Also=systemd-networkd.socket
>
> Check result
>
>    systemd-analyze verify systemd-networkd.service
>
> I hope, it is a better way to apply your workaround. I can not suggest a
> better solution for tty delay issue, but I think it exists. "Also=" should
> affect "systemctl enable systemd-networkd.service" and "disable" commands,
> so I puzzled why it helps at all.

I will try that, too. I have /etc under version control using git.
That makes it easy to get informed about changes.

Kind regards,
Christoph
--
Ist die Katze gesund