Re: Syslog/Rsyslog/Systemctl issue

On Tue, Jan 31, 2023 at 11:09:59AM +0100, debian@sioban.net wrote:

> Le 31/01/2023 à 11:08, Nicolas George a écrit :
> > debian@sioban.net  (12023-01-31):
> > > A dependency job for rsyslog.service failed. See 'journalctl -xe' for
> > > details.
> > Have you considered seeing journalctl -xe for details?
> >
> Hi,
>
> Yes, that was my first action.
> The last line of log is from Oct 24 :/

I don't know how you expect anyone to help you if you don't provide
any details.  Try some or all of these commands:

df /var/log /var/log/journal
systemctl status rsyslog.service
journalctl -u rsyslog.service | tail

Also note that some of these commands give additional detail when run
as root.

Solving your problem may involve figuring out *which* "dependency job"
failed, and why.  So, once you identify what's actually failing, you
may have to drill down into that one, the same way you started out
drilling down into rsyslog.service.