Re: Web page management. Was: Re: Debian release criteria.

On Fri, 20 Jan 2023 14:14:22 -0500
Dan Ritter <dsr@randomstring.org> wrote:

> peter@easthope.ca wrote:
> > Unwieldly References list truncated.
> >
> >     From: Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>
> >     Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2023 12:45:52 -0500
> > > I use uMatrix, which I find strikes a fairly good balance between
> > > keeping sites working and letting me control how much crap is loaded.
> >
> > Another helpful add-on.  Thanks!
> >
> > A feature (gingerbread) I'd rather not have in Wikipedia is the popup
> > article preview from hovering the pointer on a link.  Can uMatrix
> > block that?  How?
>
> Yes, because uBlock Origin is the less capable sibling and uBO
> can do that. Just block JavaScript on the wikipedia.org domain.
> The site remains largely functional but does not do previews.

For those who may not be aware, the developer of uBlock Origin and
uMatrix, Raymond Hill, has ceased work on uMatrix:

https://github.com/uBlockOrigin/uMatrix-issues/issues/291#issuecomment-694988696
https://github.com/gorhill/uMatrix
https://www.ghacks.net/2020/09/20/umatrix-development-has-ended/

--