Re: named.service or bind9.service or both?

On 2023-01-18 13:39, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
On Wed, Jan 18, 2023 at 6:25 AM Jesper Dybdal <jd-debian-user@dybdal.dk> wrote:
That leaves one file in the system with the name "bind9.service":
/var/lib/systemd/deb-systemd-helper-enabled/multi-user.target.wants/bind9.service
Can I safely delete that one (I suspect so)?  Will it be a problem
during reboot if I leave it?
if you are manually deleting the bind9 gear, you may as well go full
in. You can't get half pregnant.
It turns out that in /etc/network there are some scripts to be run on interface up/down, and some of those scripts have "bind9" names. And the scripts seem like generic BIND-related stuff (reconfig on interface up/down), not particularly related to the sustemd unit. I've let them survive for the time being.

Thanks for your help!

--
Jesper Dybdal
https://www.dybdal.dk