Re: Installation of Salome 9.9.0

> On Sat, Jan 14, 2023 at 12:20:21PM -0800, Gary L. Roach wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have been trying to install Salome 9.90 from the tar.gz file.
> > When I unzip the file the contents look nothing like the
> > installation instructions that I have found on line. Does anyone
> > have experience with the Debian installation of this package. If
> > so, please help

Gary, it would be helpful if you gave references for all your
statements, rather than have Greg and me and whoever else guessing what
you may have or have not done. Especially more detail about what
problems you've found.

> I assume you mean the thing found at
> <https://www.salome-platform.org/?p=2176>.
>
> Good luck with this.  I can't find installation instructions anywhere
> on this web site.  There's a 30-page PDF of "release notes", but guess
> what's not in it.  That's right -- no installation instructions in it.
>
> There are, however, 4 pages of prerequisites that this thing
> apparently needs.
>
> Sounds like a real party.

There is:

https://docs.salome-platform.org/latest/dev/cmake/html/index.html

Which I suppose is what Gary was referring to?

Seems like a potentially useful project. I'll be interested to see how
it goes.