Re: How can I check (and run) if an *.exe is a DOS or a Windowsprogram?

On 1/8/23 16:04, Roy J. Tellason, Sr. wrote:
On Saturday 07 January 2023 03:27:31 pm gene heskett wrote:
That DOS was not the least bit
entertaining. :(> That was the best reason to skip it, I went from
amigados 3.9 to rh5.0, never regretted missing the DOS experience, I got
my fill of it as the CE at a tv station back in the day.

I remember getting a mailing (don't know how I ended up on that mailing list) where they wanted to sell me a development kit for windoze,  which at that time hadn't even been released yet,  or if it had it was a very buggy and clunky preliminary version.

They wanted me to pay something like $3000.00 for the privilege of developing software for their new platform.

I found this most entertaining,  and laughed like hell before I got around to tossing that mailing in the trash.

At the time I got a similar msg was only a week or 2 after I'd been called a pie-rat by somebody in the support line in Redmond. My laugh was as evil as I could manage as I hit the delete key.

The audacity of that outfit and its owner knows no bounds.
Now he & A.F.wants to kill off 98% of us.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis