Re: VLC not ejecting CD/DVDs

On Tue 03 Jan 2023 at 21:22:00 (-0700), Charles Curley wrote:
> VLC is not ejecting CD/DVDs when I run it as my regular user, charles.
> I get the error message "qt interface error: could not eject /dev/sr0".
> I have not tried it as root. eject, however, does work when run by the
> same user.

In the past, I used cdtool's cdplay to play background music
(though more modern hardware seems to lack the necessary internal
analogue cable). If I tried to eject the disc with cdeject, I'd
get an I/O error and the drive's door would lock. Workaround:
I just aliased cdeject to eject, as the latter always worked.

I'm afraid I didn't try to track down the error.

Cheers,
David.