Re: Limiting ssh access: by MAC Address?

Tom Browder (12023-01-03):
> Is it possible to use UFW to limit ssh access to a server by an external
> host by its MAC address?
>
> I now have a permanent IPv4 address for my home IP router and would like to
> access my home server from my laptop when away from home, but allow no
> other external access. Is that possible?

It is easy to limit the MAC <-> IP address mapping, no need for a
firewall, ip neigh is enough. Then it is easy to limit SSH to a certain
IP address.

Of course, it only works if the host is on the same local network.

And of course, it is absolutely not an efficient security measure.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George