Re: Re: howto install Debian on software RAID1 when UEFI?

Hi hw,

Having followed through the steps I outlined:

> I'm about to try this on a VM with two disks. I'm going to initially partition
> as if I were using LVM and all in one partition on one disk, then on the other

> That should give me identically sized partitions.

> At that point, I'll change the type on the LVM partitions to RAID, and use
> use the RAID partitioner to make a RAID1 device.

> At that point, I'll change the type on the LVM partitions to RAID, and use
> use the RAID partitioner to make a RAID1 device.

> After that, I'll use one of the ESP partitons and tell the partitioner
> to install all in one partition on the RAID device.

> I'll then change the type of the partition installed to btrfs.

> That should give me EFI - RAID - swap on each of two disks.
> The RAID should be RAID1 and will be mounted as /

This all worked.

I then rebooted into rescue mode, typed in the root password and typed

	update-grub /dev/sdb

which appeared to work fine.

Hope this helps, with every good wish as ever,

Andy Cater