Re: latest testing update broke my laptop

On Wed, 21 Dec 2022 18:52:24 +1100
David <bouncingcats@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello David,

>Hi, I don't know myself what is correct, but I see these related
>statements on the Debian wiki [1]:

Personally, I've never had issues with the testing installer.  OTOH,
I've only used it three times in the last twenty years.  Hardly
exhaustive testing, I know.  Especially as each ISO I used would have
been different.  I also note that Gary had a 'no can do' response when
trying to install to a laptop using a testing installer ISO.

I know the best wisdom suggests an install of stable, then upgrade, but
that does (or rather *should*) mean that one checks everything works in
the base install _before_ proceeding to the upgrade.  It may make no
difference in the case of breakage, but you never know.

As always in cases like this;  YMMV.

(trying an edited re-send, as I got a bounce back for potential spam
post)

--
 Regards  _       "Valid sig separator is {dash}{dash}{space}"
         / )      "The blindingly obvious is never immediately apparent"