Re: LibreOffice - any way to recover not saved changes to the file?

(short answer) No. Its more like "shit happens!"

It does indeed :-(

Even with best of knowledge and abilities, what once was in memory (RAM)
will be reused pretty quick, and if you chose to not autosave regularly,
there won't be much left, and even if there would be, the work to get it
into proper shape might easily exceed the amount of work to recreate it.

It was my wild guess as well :-). Posted the question any way out of disperation :-)

It is in your memory - in one form or another...

This was a good one :-) I'm an older fellow. :-)

So for now: Take advantage of "short term memory" and things like that.

For the future, you might invite different consequences. You could think
again about the autosave feature.

I was pissed off to find out that autosave is desabled by default. I used not to care. Looks like now I want to enable it. :-)

And finally: You could fight the rising of bad habits (like
involuntarily clicking on warning boxes, or such...) because - as we
know - the PEBCAK.

In my case it was the bad mouse with jumping cursor. Logitec certainly. Now I'm going to replace it.

To me, your question does ressemble - in some way - to the guy, who
would like to undo his divorce, while not wanting to change its behavior
towards members of the other sex. Not much, you can do, but remorse. ;-)

This one is even better that the first above. :-)

Thanks for you time. Oh, I did recreated it. And I even think is very close to original. :-)