Re: Package grub-xen-host breaks PV domains with 11.5 point release

On Mon 12 Sep 2022 at 01:15:47 (+0200), Tom Lew wrote:
> This is my first post, bear with me..
>
> Package "grub-xen-host" shipped with point release 11.5 broke all PV
> domains on my Xen server, after "apt upgrade" from 11.4.
>
> I found https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1017944
> exactly mirroring my situation, and I wonder whether this can be fixed
> for other users in any (fast) way, upfront other users doing apt
> upgrade on their Xen hosts?
>
> My workaround for this ATM: install and pin previous grub-xen-host
> (grub-xen-host_2.04-20_amd64.deb, grub-xen-bin_2.04-20_amd64.deb,
> grub-common_2.04-20_amd64.deb). Probably the wrong way to fix it, but
> works for me so far(TM).
>
> In case this should be reported or added to something somewhere,
> please let me (a Debian bug reporting newbie) know.

I would imagine a fix could follow quite quickly as it only requires
rebuilding with a filename added to a list of files not to have
their symbols stripped (or reverting the compatibility level change).

AFAICT apt-listbugs would have reported this to you before
the upgrade of grub-xen-host took place, as someone had reported
it on 22 Aug. So it might be worth installing apt-listbugs.

Cheers,
David.