Re: libdbi-perl broken?

On Wed, Aug 31, 2022 at 11:03:29AM +0800, Jeremy Ardley wrote:
> I am install a VM for a LEMP server using the latest ISO
> debian-11.4.0-amd64-DVD-1.iso

>  libdbi-perl : Depends: perlapi-5.28.1

apt-cache policy libdbi-perl perlapi-5.28.1

On Debian 11, libdbi-perl should depend on perlapi-5.32.0 not
perlapi-5.28.1 so I suspect you've got the wrong libdbi-perl somehow.

It would also help if you showed the full error message, instead of only
a part of the error message.

> As an aside, I notice the latest debian install is very minimalist. It
> doesn't even install sudo. Is this a change from previously? Or have I
> become accustomed to armbian etc?

Debian installs sudo during the installation if and only if you leave
the root password blank.

If you want sudo, you can simply install it.  Having a root password set
allows you to boot into single-user mode, so I would advise setting one,
even if you rarely use it.