Re: Color of the active window title bar in ubuntu-mate?

On 22/8/22 18:46, Victor Sudakov wrote:
Bret Busby wrote:

[dd]

I use the Theme named "TraditionalOk", with the panel at the bottom of
the screen, and it is the most like MS Windows 95, and, gives my the
interface that I prefer.

I don't have any "TraditionalOk" theme there, just countless variants of the
Yaru-* themes. How did you add the "TraditionalOk" theme? Is it in
some package?

I have been using this them,e for so many years, that I have forgotten
whether it came as a default theme that was available, or, whether I
added it.

However, In the Appearance window, in the Themes tab, where I have the
theme displayed, at the bottom left corner, is "Get more themes online".
Clicking that, opens a web page, in the default web browser, at
https://mate-desktop.org/themes/
and selecting
"GTK 2.x themes"
Unfortunately, that is not searchable, a search cannot be performed, for
a theme name.

Oh, thanks for the hint!  https://www.mate-look.org/browse?cat=135 is
in fact searchable, there is a (poorly visible) search bar which you
can use: https://www.mate-look.org/find?search=TraditionalOk

After going through about 40 screens, and not finding it, by doing a
search, using the "site=" to search that site, I found it, not as a mate
theme, but as a gnome (from gnome2, I assume, which mate is supposed to
emulate) theme;
https://www.gnome-look.org/p/1407000
the variant that I use, is TraditionalOkBrave (the blue and grey one).

I think, in resembling the MS Windows 95 interface, it also resembles
the fvwm interface, but, it is decades since I used the fvwm interface.

That's great! It looks like every user of this computer will have to
install the theme individually but this is a solution! I've chosen
the TraditionalOk-Dust theme, it reminds me of the previous version of
the MATE desktop.

I hope that this helps.

It does! Thank you very much, Bret!

And, after all of that, in looking in my Appearance -> Themes, through the Yaru stuff, and noticing that the YaruGreen looks like the TraditionalGreen, I also noticed that the YaruOk looks like the TraditionalOkBrave.

--
..
Bret Busby