Re: Comments on upgrade steps from one version of Debian to another

On 2022-08-21 10:04, john doe wrote:

The lines for the security mirror has changed on Bullseye.

Thank you! I will be sure to add that check in.

The script does not bail out on command failure, you might want to
takecare of that if you automate this process by way of a script.
That is all I can say on the cmds.

Yes, there is a bail out at each step. "pipefail" was a good thing to learn about.

If I may, for a fiew servers I would do it manually instead of blindly
using a bunch of commands.

I have one file/NFS server, a laptop and a desktop, so not a lot to worry about....and at my leisure.

If you need to automate this process, you should familiorize yourself
with something like Ansible or in anycase a more robust solution.

Thanks, I will look at ansible.

--
Regards,

John Boxall