Re: Raising volume past 100%

On 8/19/22, David Griffith <dave@661.org> wrote:

> I don't want to go through multiple clicks and the open/close of a dialog
> box.  Sometimes I get files/streams that are so quiet that even the max
> provided by that method of 153% is not enough.  I don't want a dialog
> popping over what I'm doing.  I was previously able to do exactly what I
> wanted, so I know that it's possible.  Also, I have come across repeated
> requests on how to do what I'm trying to rediscover, so I'd like to get
> the answer put out there for them.

Hi.. This thread caught my eye because I'd been having trouble for a
couple weeks. Have you always had this trouble, or is this something
that just started happening in the last few weeks?

Am asking because I started having a problem. I just assumed "Not
Gonna Take It Anymore" blew out the speakers on my newest secondhand
laptop. Might still be what happened, but it's that part about how low
it is that makes me wonder.

Mine's so low, I have to lean completely against the laptop to hear
anything. Again, it's likely the hardware, but it's sure a funny
coincidence to see that very thing stated on here, too.

pavucontrol is my weapon of choice to get anything resembling sound.
Didn't used to work for me. Had been using aumix for years then it
stopped working. Now pavucontrol(-qt) works mostly dependably,
although I have to log out and back in a couple times a week when it
doesn't make its connection(s) for currently unknown reasons.

Cindy :)
* runs with birdseed *