Re: Debian live iso on usb returns grub

Hi,

Massimo Maiurana wrote;
> DD mode, as Rufus itself told me to use that mode in case of problems about
> booting.

We have to thank its author Pete Batard for bringing so many installation
ISOs onto their USB sticks.

> Indeed the Toshiba laptop is in legacy mode while the Asus one is in Efi
> mode. The latter at least was able to run Grub.

I assume the EFI partition was not partition 1 and thus survived.
But probably the GRUB software in that EFI partition wanted to jump onto
software which was in partition 1. So overwriting partition 1 by the ISO
left that GRUB software clueless.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas