Re: Debian live iso on usb returns grub

Thomas Schmitt ha scritto il 16/08/22 alle 09:50:
Hi,

Massimo Maiurana wrote:
I've downloaded the latest iso with testing weekly build,

I understand that there are no weekly builds of Debian Live based on
Debian Testing. (I remember people asking for Debian 12 Live ISOs and
being told that currently there are none.)

Hi Thomas, thanks for your answer.

What i took is not a live iso but instead it's the installer iso. Anyway, in the meantime another weekly build was uploaded, the last monday, and with that I was able to complete the installation.

Well, actually I had to type the same commands to boot the iso as the installer still doesn't run automagically, but this build doesn't stop at hard drives detection like the former. At the first run it stopped at the step where it tries to configure network mirrors, but since this is an up to date iso it doesn't matter much: i've just rebooted and told it to go on without mirrors ;)
Given that you mention "weekly build" i guess that you got Debian Installer
ISOs and not Debian Live. If so, then the mailing list in charge would be
   debian-cd@lists.debian.org
Thanks, at least now i know where i should file the report if it'll happen again :)

Massimo Maiurana