Re: netperf / MIT License is not open source?

* On 2022 14 Aug 09:09 -0500, Lee wrote:
> On 8/14/22, David Wright wrote:
>   <.. snip ..>
> >> It seems that this package license has changed from full HP copyright to
> >> MIT, on 20 January 2021.
> >
> > The version in bullseye looks as if it was built on 15 November 2020 …
> >
> >> Perhaps package needs updating in Debian repository :)
> >
> > … and has not yet needed upgrading for bookworm AFAICT (amd64).
>
> argh.. I keep forgetting how long it takes for new software to migrate
> into the stable branch of Debian :(

Even if the package is updated and put into the Free archive, the only
way it would make it into Bullseye is if it is uploaded to backports and
the user has that repository enabled.  Otherwise, at best it will go
into Bookworm.  At least that is how things usually work out.

- Nate

Web: https://www.n0nb.us
Projects: https://github.com/N0NB