Re: How could "they" get into your BIOS? ...

On 8/13/22 14:09, Albretch Mueller wrote:
On 8/12/22, David Wright <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk> wrote:
I typed the text at
the top of the screen in your first image, and got plenty of
suggestions from Dell, reddit, and some Scottish Uni gamers.

  Basically, what I distilled out of many of those posts is that you
should disable "Secure Boot", but I had already disabled it.

  I will keep fighting this matter and if/when I find a solution I will
post it here. There are many people using those DELL laptops some of
which use Debian.

  lbrtchx

I have a 16 GB USB flash drive with Debian 11 that was installed using a UEFI machine. AIUI it uses GPT partitioning and the appropriate Debian bootloader(s) are cryptographically signed and compatible with Secure Boot.

I have a Dell Latitude 5400 with Windows 10 Pro, which defaults to UEFI and Secure Boot.

To boot the Dell using the Debian 11 UEFI USB stick, I found that I needed to change one firmware setting:

  CMOS Setup
  -> System Configuration
     -> SATA Operation
        -> AHCI