Re: replace corrupted emacs aspell dictionary

Hi Thomas, Russel,
* <tomas@tuxteam.de> [2022-08-13; 06:37]:
> On Fri, Aug 12, 2022 at 07:38:31PM +0000, Russell L. Harris wrote:
>> I managed to approve incorrect spellings for several words in the
>> Emacs aspell dictionary.
>>
>> How can I replace the corrupted dictionary with a pristine copy?
>
> Caveat: not a regular user of aspell here: all what I know I do from
> asking aspell's man page.
>
> I assume that the changes have been done to your "personal dictionary
> file", not to the global one. According to the output of "aspell config",
> the former is supposed to live in my home directory, under the name
> ".aspell.<lang>.pws", where <lang> is the language cookie of interest
> (i.e. "en_US", "it_IT" or whatever).

these files (in my case ~/.aspell.de.pws and
~/.aspell.en.pws) contain (besides a header line) a list of
hopefully correct words, each word on it's own line.  It's
in chronological order of your additions, meaning the last
added word is on the last line.

If you have many correct words and only few not correct words
in it, it might be worthwhile to rescue the correct words.
You may simply open the file in any editor, delete the
words which are not correct and save the file.

Ciao; Gregor
--