Re: (cp) How to copy a file to an external HDD?

On Sat, 13 Aug 2022 at 01:50, Amn <amnojeeuw@gmail.com> wrote:

> In learning how to create shell script files, I have come across the
> need to move/copy files from one HDD to an external HDD. In MS I would
> just "copy c:*.doc b:alldocs", but in Linux is a bit different. How do I
> do that in Linux?

> Any help would be most appreciated.

Hi, already-written answers to common questions like this
are widely available on the web and can be found
by internet search engine such as google or duckduckgo.

Do you know how to use those?

You first need to think about what search words are likely
to be present in the answers you are seeking.

For your question above, I tried these search words:
  linux how copy command file directory

and this found dozens of answers.

I always search like this first, and it usually finds what I need.

Asking the mailing list is great for when I can't find answers
using that method, which sometimes happens.

Are you subscribed to the mailing list? There have been other
replies to your message too, which you will not have received
if you are not subscribed. You can read them here:
if you click on "next by thread".