Re: Need working repo for Deb7 - wheezy

On Tue, Aug 09, 2022 at 07:26:19PM +0200, Thomas Schmitt wrote:
> Greg Wooledge wrote:
> > You are inside a corporate setting.  Very, very corporate.
>
> This is probably on the level of the mail client, not of the network.
> Microsoft Corp. installs itself between its Outlook users and the world.
> Whenever the cloud thinks that the world is bad, the user gets warned.
> See
>   https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/advanced-outlook-com-security-for-microsoft-365-subscribers-882d2243-eab9-4545-a58a-b36fee4a46e2?ui=en-us&rs=en-us&ad=us
>   https://security.stackexchange.com/questions/230309/is-a-safelinks-protection-outlook-com-link-phishing

Oh, believe me, I'm aware.  This is why I'm subscribed from my personal
email address now, instead of my work address.  My work address no longer
goes directly to a Unix inbox.  It goes to a Microsoft one now.  And
technical mailing lists are just not acceptable in that environment.

I'm still betting on "workplace transparent [as mud] HTTP proxy is
causing unencrypted HTTP to fail" as the primary problem.  Seeing the
Outlook mangling just reinforces my diagnosis.