AW: Re: Nvidia + Plasma + Keyboard

Nope, to understand, I want the proprietry driver, because the nouveau driver is too slow. Otherwise I could use the cpu inbuilt graphics chip, which is I915, but also slow.

My mail should also be seen as an info mail, not as a bugreport.

As I know about the issue, I am running every game or application, which needs speed, in XFCE or similar and not in plasma5.

However, I thought, I should tell you about the issue, because other might people might run into this issue too and wonder, what is responsibl.

Best

Hans

Am Thu, 4 Aug 2022 06:51:04 +0000, Marco <mo01@posteo.de> schrieb:

Am Thu, 04 Aug 2022 06:37:31 +0000
schrieb hans.ullrich@loop.de:

> Did I miss telling it? On T520 it is GF119 (NVS4200) and in the
> Aspire it is GF-86M, both need *-340xx-* legacy drivers.

For this generation of cards, nouveau works fine. I am running it with a
GeForce 210.
Please remove the proprietary driver and make sure you have
xserver-xorg-video-nouveau installed.