Re: ipv6: static ipv6 address with dynamic network address possible?

On 8/1/22, Andy Smith wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Mon, Aug 01, 2022 at 01:57:42PM -0400, Lee wrote:
>> The dhcpv6 server on the netgate allows for static mappings like
>>   <duid>   ::1:10
>> where it fills in the network/64 portion from the delegation and uses
>> the ::a:b:c:d for the host address.  I was hoping for something like
>> that w/ Debian
>
> Oh, I thought you wanted to stop using DHCPv6 (protocol) entirely.

I do want to stop using DHCPv6.  I was hoping there was a way to tell
a Debian machine to use <something> as the (64 bit) host address and
learn the network address from the router advertisement prefix info.

This is a DNS & NTP server, so it needs a static address.  I'd also
like different firewall rules for different machines.. which also
requires static addresses for at least some machines.

Thanks
Lee