Re: ipv6: static ipv6 address with dynamic network address possible?

Hello,

On Mon, Aug 01, 2022 at 01:57:42PM -0400, Lee wrote:
> The dhcpv6 server on the netgate allows for static mappings like
>   <duid>   ::1:10
> where it fills in the network/64 portion from the delegation and uses
> the ::a:b:c:d for the host address.  I was hoping for something like
> that w/ Debian

Oh, I thought you wanted to stop using DHCPv6 (protocol) entirely.

I've never tried any of this, I've only used static v6 setups
everywhere, so I'm not much use. But can you not have dhclient6 send
a DUID like this?

    https://superuser.com/a/954133/100242

Cheers,
Andy