Re: dynupdater not seeming to do anything

On 7/31/22 07:42, David wrote:
On Sun, 31 Jul 2022 at 23:28, Paul Scott <waterhorse@ultrasw.com> wrote:
On 7/31/22 04:50, Curt wrote:
On 2022-07-31, <tomas@tuxteam.de> <tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:
I would be just as happy to have ddclient working.  I only have
dyn_updater because ddclient didn't seem to be working.
Hi, I haven't used any of these tools, but FYI in case you are unaware:
The Debian project exists to strongly advocate the use of free
software, see here:
[1] https://www.debian.org/intro/philosophy
[2] https://www.debian.org/social_contract
Where "free" means "freedom" to share, build and modify,
among other things.

If ddclient is packaged by the Debian project, it is truly "free"
software per the DFSG in [2] above, and any issues you are
having with it are certainly on-topic for this mailing list.

dyn_updater on the other hand appears to be associated
with some kind of commerical product and have some kind
of restrictive End User Licence Agreement, making it the kind
of software that the Debian project expressly forbids and
avoids. So if you need help with it, you might have more
success by asking whoever supplied it to you.

I may have gotten ddclient to work with a configuration supplied by dyndns.org .  I won't know for a while because I haven't successfully changed my IP address by reseting my cable modem.

Thank for the information and help.

Paul