Re: memtest86+ on 12th gen intel

On 6/13/2022 12:27 PM, Bijan Soleymani wrote:

Here's a post on the issues with memtest86+ (the free software version) and UEFI:

https://askubuntu.com/questions/917961/can-i-boot-memtest86-if-im-using-uefi

Sorry for the spam, looks like they just added UEFI support last week:

https://www.memtest.org/

"Changelog

  * Rewrite code for UEFI 32 & 64 bits"

Bijan

Nothing worked. Both memtest86 and memtest86+ with grub or standalone boot did not work on my core-i312100. I suspect it is a display driver problem.

My regular bullseye install itself had this blank screen problem. Only upgrading to kernel 5.16 from backport got my system working. Memtest is having very similar issues.

With grub both versions of memtest removes menu and backgroud splash screen shows and no more activity.
With boot USB, BIOS flashscreen, black screen, nothing more.

If anyone got this working on a 12th gen core i3/5/7, please follow up and let me know how you got it working. Please copy me in your post, if it is while (aka months) before you see this and followup.

Regards
Ramesh