Re: user perms

On 13/06/2022 15:33, Greg Wooledge wrote:
Why the hell do you CONTINUE to make these vague statements with NO
demonstration of what the actual problem is?

And why do you continue asking for the same things, knowing that they won't be provided?

Not that your request in invalid - certainly if the user wants actual help, they must provided good and accurate details of the problem and of what they have tried in order to identify and/or solve the problem.

But the OP in question never provides such details - even after repeatedly being asked for them, by you and other equally patient people.

I understand the desire to help, but the user must be willing to help themselves - providing details when asked for, showing output of diagnostic commands, or just not jumping from unrelated problem to unrelated problem in the same conversation.

And Gene is one of a few users that never help themselves, even when repeatedly told what to do and what not to do.

--
In the strict scientific sense we all feed on death -- even vegetarians.
		-- Spock, "Wolf in the Fold", stardate 3615.4

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br