Re: memtest86+ on 12th gen intel

On 6/13/2022 11:47 AM, Ram Ramesh wrote:
I had memtest86+ working just fine on a legacy bullseye install.

However, due to age of the CPU, I recently upgraded to 12th gen i3-12100. As part of the upgrade, I also changed over to UEFI boot.

Looks like current Memtest works only with UEFI boot (won't boot otherwise):

https://www.memtest86.com/download.htm

And the legacy version is needed if runing without UEFI (which you probably had since you hadn't enabled it before).

I'm guessing the legacy version won't boot with UEFI which is what you are seeing.

Bijan