Re: xterm. Was Re: 26th pass at installing 11-3, fails

On Sun, Jun 12, 2022 at 08:19:02PM +0100, mick crane wrote:
The clue though is as somebody said that disabling this new fangled EFI doesn't seem to do what Gene (or I ) thinks it does.

new fangled? UEFI has been around longer than the PC BIOS was when linux was first written...

So having twigged that I'd initially have the installer do its thing.

Yes, most of his problems seem to stem from trying to do things his own way, often with a rationale that's simply incorrect. When someone tries to figure out what's wrong they're starting in a hole--first needing to reverse engineer the unrevealed set of actions that led to the mess in the first place.