Re: error using synaptic UPGRADE/INSTALL

On Sun, Jun 12, 2022 at 11:27:04PM -0500, David Wright wrote:
The fact that your working directory is a user's (yours?), and
???sbin directories are not in your $PATH suggests you might have
become root using "su" and not "su -" or "su --login". Try one
of these instead. (The change to su's semantics gets discussed
here fairly regularly.)

Thanks, David.  It worked.

That occurred to me when I first typed "su", but then I forgot to go
back and try.  Now I can sleep tonight without worrying about it.

I suppose I should have shut down some of processes before running
Synaptic.

RLH