Re: xterm. Was Re: 26th pass at installing 11-3, fails

On Sun, Jun 12, 2022 at 07:53:21AM -0400, gene heskett wrote:
> gene@coyote:~$ bash: xterm: command not found
>
> xterm cannot be found by synaptic or apt either.

unicorn:~$ apt policy xterm
xterm:
  Installed: 366-1+deb11u1
  Candidate: 366-1+deb11u1
  Version table:
 *** 366-1+deb11u1 500
        500 http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian bullseye/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Your sources are broken, Gene.

> So I'll repeat, what is this magic xterm? What do I install to get it?

You don't need to run xterm specifically.  You can use any freaking
terminal.

That should have been obvious to anyone who's been running Linux as
long as you have.

However, now we have a claim that in addition to all your *other* problems,
you have broken Debian sources on at least one of your systems.  No
actual *proof*, mind you.  Just a claim.

Or... is it even Debian?  Hell.  It's probably not.  It's probably
your heavily customized version of Raspbian that only a dozen people on
Earth use.