Re: 26th pass at installing 11-3, fails

Hello,

On Sat, Jun 11, 2022 at 07:31:36AM -0400, gene heskett wrote:
> > On Saturday, 11 June 2022 00:49:57 EDT David Wright wrote:
> > > AFAIK, there's no way of recording the screens if you use text mode
> > > locally, rather than remotely. Hence the instructions I have been
> > > posting. However, it's difficult to write those instructions for
> > > someone to follow when it appears that they have forgotten how
> > > to cut and paste text from a terminal screen into a file or an
> > > editor's buffer, or think that you can cut and paste from a PNG.
> > >

> That limit is very easy to see, there is no mouse in those remote text
> screens to use to highlight what you might want to paste into nano and
> keep.

Gene, come on. You know how to select and paste out of an xterm. It
does not matter what that xterm is doing, whether it is displaying a
file of locally stored bible notes, running the Debian installer or
running minicom into the serial port of a nuclear power station's
control panel. It displays text. You select the text with a mouse
and paste that into a another document.

Why is getting you to paste textual data from one terminal window
into another (or a text editor or email or whatever) so
monumentally difficult?

Regards,
Andy