Re: 26th pass at installing 11-3, fails

gene heskett wrote:
> Welp, I did that, but the installer refuses to set the bootable flag on
> that drive, it blinks the remote screen, but when its repainted, its
> still off. I went thru the loop, even made a new gpt partition table, but
> no joy. and all I have to show for it is a 5 megabyte plus jpeg from my
> camera so you'll just have to take my word for it.
>
> I've not had a problem setting the bootable flag before.  What might be
> the reason?

  i'm not following closely but perhaps there is already a
bootable partition on that drive so it won't set it for another?

  if you are having trouble with grub and using UEFI i'd change
to refind.  efibootmgr then lets me do what i need to do for
selecting which one to boot.  i also include with grub because
i have it installed a custom menu entry that lets me boot with
refind instead just in case an update comes through in grub
which screws up my system.

  songbird