Re: 26th pass at installing 11-3, fails

On Friday, 10 June 2022 00:45:19 EDT David Wright wrote:
> On Thu 09 Jun 2022 at 23:59:06 (-0400), gene heskett wrote:
> > >
> > > Screenshot_1.jpg(~61 KB) was attached to your previous mail.
> > > Noticed as you say that 3 disks were scsi7.
> >
> > That screenshot never came back to here.
>
> Is that perhaps because you sent it? (One of the big complaints about
> some MUAs and some email providers.)
>
> > In the meantime, I have
> > partitioned and formatted that new drive as ext4, gpt partition with
> > gparted, the whole drive, then printed the info for it from fdisk,
> > which give the UUID's, 2 different ones, so which should I see in
> > the d-i partitioner, the type-UUID or just the UUID, they are
> > different numbers, fdisk's info also shows the label as Name:
> > slash26, and its is currently /dev/sdd1, but who knows what it might
> > be to the installer? I'll plug in the drive with the d-i in it, and
> > retry right now.
>
> I don't recall seeing UUIDs in the d-i, perhaps because they're so
> long. I usually see the entries from /dev/disk/by-id/, or part thereof.
>
> But bear in mind that /dev/disk/ can be fully listed by the d-i from
> the very start, by switching to a shell on Alt-F2/3.
>
> Cheers,
> David.
I made the install using your instructs. Used 3 of the tty's on another
machine to get away from X, and did not install a desktop as I have a
badly named trinity 14 file in my sources-list.d. But at reboot, its
rebooted to the old install after spending an additional 30 seconds
contemplating its sins, twice. No reports I can find. I have mounted it
to /mnt/slash26 and it looks normal at first glance. I have grub
installed on /dev/sda and on /dev/sdd, so it seems like I should be able
to choose between them from the bios boot menu. Ideas?

Thanks David.
> .

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)