Re: 26th pass at installing 11-3, fails

On Thu 09 Jun 2022 at 23:59:06 (-0400), gene heskett wrote:
> On Thursday, 9 June 2022 21:13:53 EDT mick crane wrote:
> > On 2022-06-09 22:15, gene heskett wrote:
> > > Posted once as the original .png of 81k, that didn't get thru the
> > > server,
> > > then I loaed it up in gimp and smunched it down to about 51k, ugly
> > > but
> > > still readable, and thats not made it thru the server either.
> >
> > Screenshot_1.jpg(~61 KB) was attached to your previous mail.
> > Noticed as you say that 3 disks were scsi7.
>
> That screenshot never came back to here.

Is that perhaps because you sent it? (One of the big complaints about
some MUAs and some email providers.)

> In the meantime, I have
> partitioned and formatted that new drive as ext4, gpt partition with
> gparted, the whole drive, then printed the info for it from fdisk, which
> give the UUID's, 2 different ones, so which should I see in the d-i
> partitioner, the type-UUID or just the UUID, they are different numbers,
> fdisk's info also shows the label as Name: slash26, and its is currently
> /dev/sdd1, but who knows what it might be to the installer? I'll plug in
> the drive with the d-i in it, and retry right now.

I don't recall seeing UUIDs in the d-i, perhaps because they're so
long. I usually see the entries from /dev/disk/by-id/, or part thereof.

But bear in mind that /dev/disk/ can be fully listed by the d-i from the
very start, by switching to a shell on Alt-F2/3.

Cheers,
David.