Re: 26th pass at installing 11-3, fails

On Thursday, 9 June 2022 18:49:40 EDT Andy Smith wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Thu, Jun 09, 2022 at 05:15:28PM -0400, gene heskett wrote:
> > So 26th reinstall attempt, following David's instructs to do an ssh
> > from another machine to install
>
> So can we see the copy and paste of this first screen that you have
> a problem with?
yes, the list server for debian-user see's the attachment and apparently
sends the whole msg to /dev/null. Neither msg has come back in aound 6
hours.

> > So, how to I do a text copy/paste from that .png so I can insert the
> > cogent parts of the text in an email msg?
>
> I recommend not doing that at all and going with the text mode over
> SSH, because you are never going to be able to get non-text
> attachments to this list and it just seems harder in general.
>
> Cheers,
> Andy
Thats what I thought I was doing, by opening a konsole on the client
machine, but when I saved the screenshot, it was a png. x was running on
the client machine, so there needs to be a method to make it text also.
The installer was started in expert text mode, but ssh apparently
overrides that somehow when it finds x running on the client.  Should I
have been running the client w/o x or wayland? I am not even sure how to
switch vt's away from x to whatever #2 or #3 is called.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis