Re: trying to install bullseye for about 25th time.

On Thursday, 9 June 2022 11:04:15 EDT David Wright wrote:
> On Thu 09 Jun 2022 at 03:46:12 (-0400), gene heskett wrote:
> > > I always install my systems in this manner from my normal
> > > workstation.
> >
> > This IS my normal workstation. But I imagine that I could reverse the
> > path from one of my Dells dedicated to a task. Only one has a comfy
> > chair though, the one normally running my biggest milling machine,
> > out in the garage. I'll take my coffee cup out and try this from
> > there.
>
> Unsurprisingly, I use the second most convenient machine to install
> onto that one. In addition, I lose the benefit of apt-cacher-ng for
> that particular installation process. If I'm installing a new release,
> then I save the normal cache's contents, and later import all its .deb
> files into apt-cacher-ng on my workstation's new installation.
>
> One more convenience of installing like this is that you can have the
> release notes, your own aide-memoires, and other reference documents,
> open on the same machine while you're running the installer.
>
> Cheers,
> David.
>
> .
Here is that partitioner menu snapshot, obtained by a network ssh login,
smunched to 81kb base-64'd. Showing that d-i did not even recognize the
disk I want to use for this new install.

So how & what do I do to this virgin disk to make the d-i recognize it so
I can install to it?

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis