Re: trying to install bullseye for about 25th time.

Hello,

On Thu, Jun 09, 2022 at 11:30:26AM -0400, rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
> For Gene, he could conceivably just rename the RAID setup that he has mounted
> under /home to some new top level mountpoint.  (Although he probably has some
> scripts or similar stuff that looks for stuff in /home/<username> that would
> need to be modifed.

For anyone with a number of machines, like Gene, there is a lot to
be said for having one be in the role of file server.

- One place to have a ton of storage, which isn't a usual role for a
  simple desktop daily driver machine.

- One place to back up.

- Access from anywhere you want.

- Easier to keep your other machines up to date without worrying
  about all the precious data on your fileserver. Blow them away
  completely if you like. Be more free to experiment.

It's a way of working that's served me well for about 25 years. It's
hard to imagine going back to having data spread all over the place.

Cheers,
Andy