Re: How to start Preseed installation on UEFI computer?

> Hans wrote:
>
> > Dear Debian Users and Maintainers,
> >
> > I want to automate Debian installation using Preseed. I started with baby steps creating a preseed file installing
> > Debian on VM. All good.
> >
> > Then I continued with my actual goal to install Debian on a server / laptop and I hit a problem... I don't know how
> > to start the Pressed installation on UEFI hardware.
> >
> > When I boot ISO on a BIOS virtual machine I get this screen:
> >
> > https://pasteboard.co/nnvxHDvOZP6C.png
> >
> > I hit Esc and type "auto path-to-the-file":
> >
> > https://pasteboard.co/gXpsslGWHx9L.png
> >
> > And it Debian gets installed.
> >
> > But when I boot UEFI I get this screen:
> >
> > https://pasteboard.co/a0E0HDUlMq6G.png
> >
> > And Esc doesn't do anything...
> >
> > Could you please tell how to start Preseed installation when booting UEFI?
>

> If you hit E, that will let you edit the currently-loaded grub
> config so you can append preseed and other options.

I thought about that since hit all keys trying to get to cmd prompt like when booting from BIOS. But I didn't find any documentation / example what needs to be edited / added. Could you please point me to some example? I literally just need "auto https://...."; and maybe an option for serial output instead of VGA but that's just an optional bonus ;-).

Thank you Steve.